Eyebrow Restoration and Reconstruction in Denver
The eyebrows play a key role in the overall appearance and aesthetics of your face, providing a natural frame for your eyes. However, plucking or waxing techniques, as well as the natural aging process, can cause the eyebrows to grow thinner with time and affect your looks and your confidence. At the Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute, we can treat thinning eyebrows and thinning hair in Denver; we are pleased to offer eyebrow transplant surgery in addition to hair transplants and other hair loss and hair restoration procedure options.
Amazing Facts About Eyebrows
Your eyebrows are one of the first things people notice about your face—but do they serve a purpose? Check out these amazing facts about eyebrows and the important role they serve:
- The eyebrows are an evolutionary advantage that protects the eyes from rain and sweat. Eyebrows are also an important component of facial expression and nonverbal communication.
- A study performed at MIT found that eyebrows are a crucial part of the human facial recognition. Test subjects had a much harder time recognizing even familiar faces when the eyebrows had been removed.
- The average eyebrow contains 250 hairs, but some eyebrows can contain up to 1,100 hairs each. Furthermore, the average “lifespan” of your eyebrows is four months. Over this time, each hair will have fallen out and a new one grown in its place.
- In the 1700s, American colonists used grey mouse skin to improve the appearance of thin or disappearing eyebrows.
Top Four Benefits of Eyebrow Restoration
Hair loss from the eyebrows can occur in both men and women. An eyebrow transplant procedure offers you a one-time solution that will restore the look of your brows and boost your self-confidence. You can reach the Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute today by calling 303-790-7617 to discuss eyebrow transplants in Denver.
1. More Money and Time: If you suffer from thinning or absent eyebrows, you could be spending an hour or more in front of the mirror each week trying to disguise or improve the look of your brows. Additionally, consider the ongoing cost of purchasing makeup or hair growth serums to create brows that appear thicker.
2. A More Youthful Face: Because hair loss from the brows is often associated with age, eyebrow restoration techniques can instantly turn back the clock to help you achieve a more youthful look.
3. The Brows You’ve Always Wanted: When you choose to restore your eyebrows with the help of a hair transplant surgeon, you have the luxury of choosing exactly how you want your brows to look. Together, you can craft an eyebrow shape, size, and thickness that perfectly suits the look of your face.
4. The best part of the eyebrow restoration (as with any of our procedures) is that it is permanent.
Eyebrow Reconstruction in Denver
Denver Hair Transplant Services
Millions of people every year discover that their eyebrow hair is thinning. Instead of having bald spots on your eyebrows or filling them in with pencil, eyebrow hair transplants are the most natural, low maintenance solution available to both men and women. While many people think that eyebrow hair loss only occurs in women, men and women are equally at risk for getting bald spots on their eyebrows. Women’s eyebrow hair loss is often caused by excessive over-plucking, which over a period of time permanently damages the hair follicle, creates scar tissue, and completely eliminates the possibility of hair growth. Aging also causes men and women to have balding eyebrows. When individuals reach their 50’s or 60’s, they may notice that their eyebrow hair is thinning, along with various other types of body hair. Whether a person wishes to reconstruct their eyebrows due to balding, trauma, an injury, a burn, or hair loss that was caused by certain types of medical treatment, our Denver hair transplant experts can help.
How the Eyebrow Reconstruction Procedure Works
Since eyebrows frame a person’s face, it is our surgeon’s goal to design and sculpt an eyebrow shape that adds dimension, glamour, and drama to a client’s face by creating the greatest possible symmetrical and proportional eyebrows to complement their facial features. Surgical precision and skill is imperative to recreate the proper acute angle where hair exits the skin, as well as the directional change that occurs in the eyebrow. The eyebrow hair that aligns with a client’s nose naturally points upward and must be implanted to mimic natural eyebrow hair growth. As eyebrow hairs move away from the part that aligns with an individual’s nose, they begin to angle down over the eye. A client’s gender and facial proportion must be taken into account prior to eyebrow reconstruction surgery to ensure that their implants are symmetrical with the rest of their facial features.
The eyebrow reconstruction process involves many steps, including:
- Artistically crafting the shape of the transplanted eyebrow using the client’s facial anatomy
- Collaborating on the design and outcome with the staff and client
- Removing donor tissue strip from the back of the head
- Dissecting donor hair under Mantis Microscopes into single hair grafts
- Implanting hairs into eyebrow region
Depending on a client’s eyebrow hair loss and the transplant design, about 150-300 hairs per eyebrow are needed for each transplant.
Restore Your Facial Symmetry at Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute
Similar to other types of hair transplant procedures, the hair placed in a client’s eyebrow region after eyebrow reconstruction will fall out after several weeks after the reconstruction procedure prior to the hair entering the anagen phase. Since scalp hairs are used for eyebrow transplantation, they will require more grooming and maintenance than natural eyebrow hairs. Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute offers eyebrow grooming kits for clients to purchase. If you wish to learn more about our hair transplant procedures, please contact our office.